Do I have to be self-employed to work as a carer with UKCIL?

UKCIL puts you, the personal care assistant, directly in touch with the individual who needs care - whether that is a disabled or elderly person, or a person with a long-term health condition, or the family member or the appointed person who is responsible for arranging the care for any of these individuals.  

This means that, all UKCIL care assistants have to be self-employed. 

What this means is that you are responsible for your own taxes and National Insurance contributions. For information on being self-employed and registering with the HMRC please click here.